Please find attached, information on a joint International Project, from Gordon Hooper, Chairman of the District International Committee.
Yours in Rotary Service,
Robin D Stirling
Rotary Club of Papanui (Inc.)
Rotary International District 9970 (Inc.)
96 Sturrocks Road, Casebrook, Christchurch 8051
Phone: 03 352 5935, Fax: 03 352 3952, Mobile: 021 109 7534
International Project Opportunity
Bhogpur-Dora Villages India
Clubs in D9970 are invited to join other clubs in NZ to assist in this humanitarian project
This project has NZAID approved funding at 4:1.Your $200.00 will give you $1000.00 of funding.
The villages of Bhogpur and Dora are in the Himachal Pradesh region of India
They are considered very poor and the villages are of “Scheduled Class” the lowest level in the caste hierarchy as defined by the Indian Government
To improve the health and earning capacity of the villagers through intergrated management of resources.
· To educate and empower the village community in primary health care, personal hygiene, environmental sanitation, and soil and water conservation.
· Introduce new agricultural practises for enhancing farm production.
· Engage professional personnel to ensure water is collected adequately.
· Construct rainwater tanks for each house
· Install guttering and downpipes to each building.
· Train villages in basic construction techniques
· Construct a low cost dam to supply water and increase soil moisture content.
· Construct two rainwater irrigation tanks
· Construct three re-charge ponds.
· Construct Gully plugs on the stream to check water run-off.
· Trenching land for moisture retention
· Tree planting
· Construct 23 Latrines and wash/shower facilities.
· Construct 23 Compost bins
· Construct 3 community garbage bins
· Construct 400m long by 1.2m wide link path from Haripur Rd to Bhogpur
· Construct 20 animal feeding stalls.
Our partner in India is the RUCHI (Rural Centre for Human Interests) organisation.
We have worked with them before on the Shyamaghat project and they are a very efficient and trustworthy organisation.
The total cost of this project will be $NZ 109,000.
Our share(Rotary) will be $NZ 21,800.
If you would like to join with other clubs on this project you can forward your clubs contribution to RNZWCS Ltd Bhogpur-Dora Project P.O.Box 20 309 Christchurch
This project should be viewed as additional to those listed previously and sent to clubs as a Summary of Programmes for International 2009-2010
If you require more info contact me direct at (03) 352 4386 or e-mail ghooper@slingshot .co.nz
Gordon Hooper Chair D997nternational/World Community Service